The Search for Our Next Provost
The University of Central Florida is seeking its next Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs. This nationwide search is led by a search committee comprised of faculty, staff and our vice president of student government, with assistance from a search firm. All meetings of the search committee are open to the public and press. The committee’s meeting dates will be posted on this site.
To recommend a possible candidate, please contact the search firm or search committee chair.
Select search committee – Completed
Select search firm – Completed
Begin national advertising – Underway
Seek nominations – Underway
Initial applicant screening – August 16
Semifinalist Interviews – August 23-24
On-campus finalist interviews – September
Start date – TBA
How to Apply
The search committee invites letters of nomination, applications (letter of interest, full resume and contact information of at least five references), or expressions of interest to be submitted to the search firm assisting UCF. Review of materials will begin immediately and continue until the appointment is made. Application materials may be sent to the search firm. Inquiries and candidate recommendations may be sent to the chair of the search committee or the search firm.
Greenwood/Asher & Associates, Inc.
Search Committee Chair
Dr. Michael Johnson
Dean, UCF College of Sciences
Chair: Michael Johnson, dean, College of Sciences
- S. Kent Butler, associate professor, College of Education and Human Performance
- Ali P. Gordon, associate professor, College of Engineering and Computer Science
- Grant J. Heston, chief of staff, Office of the President and vice president for Communications and Marketing
- Adrienne Frame, associate vice president and dean of students
- Paul Jarley, dean, College of Business Administration
- Mollie Jewett, associate professor and division head of Immunity and Pathogenesis, College of Medicine
- Ronnie Korosec, associate provost and chief of staff for Academic Affairs
- Jennifer Peck, assistant professor, College of Health and Public Affairs
- Sheila Piñeres, dean, Burnett Honors College
- John Pittman, associate vice president for debt management
- Debra Reinhart, associate vice president for Research and Commercialization
- William Self, UCF Board of Trustees and associate professor, College of Medicine
- Jad Shalhoub, vice president, Student Government
- Sevil Sonmez, professor, Rosen College of Hospitality Management
- Anna Drake Warshaw, University Innovation Alliance Fellow and assistant director, Center for Higher Education Innovation
UCF is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and especially encourages the candidacies of women, members of racial and ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities. All searches and documents are subject to the open records laws of the State of Florida.