UCF’s formula for success is scale x excellence = impact. Our university strives to be the pacesetter for 21st-century higher education in faculty excellence, student success, innovation, partnership and inclusion.
Shortly after becoming provost in October 2018, Dr. Dooley established the INSIGHTS Advisory Group made up of deans, other academic leaders, and faculty. The group has met four times (11/30/18; 12/18/18; 1/22/19; and 1/29/19).
Group Overview and Charge
Provost Dooley created the group to help inform the university’s collective efforts to become the 21st century’s preeminent university. She charged the group to push boundaries and shift paradigms to invigorate learning and unleash potential to change the world.
Issues examined by the task force include:
- How to advance UCF’s excellence and impact in academics, research and scholarships
- How to enhance teaching innovation and UCF’s status as an academic destination of choice
- Whether UCF can continue to effectively pursue an access and research mission at the same time
- How to best prioritize and allocate funds to support academics at UCF
- How to better connect the academic side with enrollment strategy and decisions
Check back soon to see the group’s final report.
|(Chair) Dean, College of Arts & Humanities
|Executive Associate Dean, College of Arts & Humanities
|Associate Dean for Academic Excellence, College of Nursing
|Associate Dean, Undergraduate Academic & Student Services, College of Sciences
|Ali P. Gordon
|Associate Dean of Graduate Affairs, College of Engineering and Computer Science and Professor, Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering
|Sheila Amin Gutierrez de Piñeres
|Dean, Burnett Honors College
|Michael D. Johnson
|Dean, College of Sciences
|Vice Provost for Faculty Excellence
|Vice President for Research and Dean of the College of Graduate Studies
|Linda I. Rosa-Lugo
|Associate Professor and Interim Assistant Dean, College of Health Professions and Sciences
|Chair, UCF Faculty Senate